The Army Cadet League of Canada Announces the
2016 TOP ARMY CADET of CANADA
Read the Press Release on the Awards page
Major Terence John Whitty, CD, KCStG
05 July 1944 – 25 June 2016
It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of Major Terence (Terry) Whitty, after a very brief battle with cancer. He leaves to mourn his loving partner Sandra (Clark), her two children Stephanie and Victoria, his children Shannon (Don Leverette) and Llyam, his grandchildren Gabrielle and Tegan, as well as many family and friends.
Terry’s career was spent in the restaurant industry in Montréal and Ottawa where he established, owned and operated several franchise and independent restaurants. He began his military career at a very young age and he spent many years serving in the Canadian Grenadier Guards, where his heart remained. In 1966 Terry transferred to the Cadet Services of Canada (now known as the CIC), and thus began his long association with Cadets. The last 15 years he served as National Executive Director of the Army Cadet League of Canada in Ottawa. He believed passionately in the Royal Canadian Army Cadets’ work with youth across Canada.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday July 9, 2016 at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 185, 141 du Grand Moulin, Deux-Montagnes, QC J7R 3C8. Condolences at 13h00, followed by a service at 14h00.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Army Cadet League of Canada, 66 Lisgar St., Ottawa, ON K2P 0C1, or using the ACLC donation form. A scholarship for cadets will be set up in Terry’s memory.
Visit the Awards page for the announcement of the 2016 Young Citizen’s Foundation Scholarship Winner.
Visit the Awards page for the announcement of the 2016 Gerard Buckley Fund winners.
READ THE LATEST
40 pages of great articles written by cadets, CIC officers, League members, volunteers and parents.
In this issue:
- Five Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps awarded prestigious grant – page 4
- Army Cadets receive Cadet Commendations—pages 6& 7
- Eighteen Army Cadets Expedition to South America, Chile—page 9
- My Journey to the Para Course—page 18
- A Proud Parent—page 29
And MUCH more…
For copies of this issue or previous publications you may contact email@example.com
Would an extra $3,000.00 benefit your corps?
Your corps could qualify to receive ONE OF FOUR $3,000.00 grants offered by the Gerard Buckley Cadet Fund
Application deadline December 31st
Click HERE for details & access to the electronic application form
Study Abroad for FREE with the Vimy Foundation!
The Vimy Pilgrimage Award 2015 – view more details on our Vimy Commemoration page
Organize an opportunity of a lifetime for your Cadet corps:
For the past few years, EF Tours has been dedicating a lot of resources in promoting their tours of European Battlefields where Canadians fought for our freedom during the two World Wars and various other History Tours dedicated to provide cadets an experience of a lifetime. Take a moment to find out what they offer by viewing their recently added Cadet Tours and We Salute You! All About Canadian Cadets pages.
With some planning and organization of fundraising activities these tours are possible.
EF Educational Tours is already working closely with various Army Cadet Corps from across the country to tour Vimy Ridge, Juno Beach, and other battlefields where heroes fought to liberate Europe. These tours instill a strong sense of remembrance and bring young Canadians through a journey into our nation’s past.
Visit and like their Facebook page: EF Tours Canada
View videos of the 2014 D-Day tours where cadets are featured:
Army Cadets in the news
We invite you to share the news stories from your local publications. Submit them by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Army Cadets showcased in Prime Minister Videos of the D-Day Ceremonies in Normandy :
- 24 SEVEN EXCLUSIVE: PM HARPER SPEAKS AT THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY &
- 24 SEVEN DOCS: VETERANS AND STUDENTS REFLECT ON THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY
Be sure LIKE the Canadian Cadet Organizations – Organisations de cadets du Canada Facebook page. Various announcements and news stories are posted on this page regularly.
- Warrant Officer Deepishwar Mangat of Langley’s RE Mountain Secondary School wins Lord … – Voiceonline.com – … MLA for Fort Langley-Aldergrove, at the Annual Ceremonial Review of the 2277 Seaforth Highlander Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps of Langley …
- Weather Holds Out for Cadets Annual Review – My Kapuskasing Now – It’s the 76th anniversary of Kapuskasing’s Army Cadets and its annual review. Municipal leaders such as Mayor Johanne Baril of Val Rita and …
- The 2271 Pipestone Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps – Wadena News – As the 2271 Pipestone Royal Canadian Cadet Corps celebrated its 70th annual ceremony review on May 11, it was clear that Cadets have evolved …
- Army cadet corps major Charlie Keough retires after 40 years with program – NG News – Keough, a major with the 2928 Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps, retired after 40 years with the Canadian cadet movement. “I never thought I would …
- Remember Canada’s heroes – Cumberland News Now- Members of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 10 joined with members of the army, sea and air cadets to remember the Normandy invasion 72 years …
- New CO for Brandon Army Cadets – DiscoverWestman.com – The 2520 Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps in Brandon welcomed a new Commanding Officer this week in a Change of Command Ceremony at the …
- Weymouth youth receives Lord Strathcona Medal, cadets’ highest award – Digby Courier – WEYMOUTH – A member of the 603 Weymouth Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps has received the highest award which can be presented to a
- Local cadets top in province – SooToday – MARIE ON – The combined 155 Air and 2310 Army Cadet Pipe and Drum Band won Top Pipe and Drum Band in Ontario. Cadet Sgt. Justine Brideau …
- Veterans And Cadets Ride Transit Free Monday – windsoriteDOTca News – As a gesture of respect, Transit Windsor will be offering free transit service to all veterans and cadets, who are in full military uniform, on Monday.
- Morris Cadet Grads Earn Respect – PembinaValleyOnline.com – The 3234 RCACC Manitoba Horse Cadet Corps held a pair of ceremonies during the evening, including the graduation parade and annual …
- Aurora street festival to hit Yonge Street Sunday – YorkRegion.com – For example, the Queen’s York Rangers Army Cadets will not only be selling Jumbo Freezies, but will also offer ribbons in exchange for donations.
- Fundraising continues for visit to Vimy Ridge – Cochrane Times – On May 28, Cochrane’s cadets held a bottle drive for their 2017 trip to Vimy Ridge and Kara Hughes, committee chair of the Cochrane Army Cadets …
- Awards and recognition for 3023 cadets – Northern Pen – The Vince Devoe Memorial Award is presented annually to a 3023 Codroy Valley Army Cadet Corps cadet who is dedicated to the corps and has …
- Springhill cadet to perform at royal tattoo – Cumberland News Now – He received confirmation he will be part of the Cadets Canada performance last week. Joining him from the local area will be drummer Kat Hickman of …
- Jamie Boston wins major award – SaultOnline.com – Created in 1995, the Governor General’s Caring Canadian Award … with 2310 Army Cadets, helping with the cadets’ training regime, pipe band, …
- Army cadets celebrate 105 years in Amherst – Cumberland News Now – “There are many keys to the success of the cadets including the Department of National Defence, the Army Cadet League of Canada, sponsors at the …
- 2677 Cadet Corps welcomes next CO – Pembroke Daily Observer – The 2677 42nd Field Regiment Royal Canadian Army Cadets have marked two huge milestones observing their 55th year in the community as well as …
- AMAZING CANADIAN EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITY FOR MARGATE ARMY CADET
- Cornwall sharpshooter seeks community help – Standard Freeholder – Currently, Patrick is in her sixth year as a member of the Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps shooting team. The money being raised by Patrick is used …
- Canadian Army Cadets get a warm Scottish welcome from Hamilton Army Cadet Platoon
Cadets earn national biathlon silver – Brantford Expositor _ Two local cadets recently competed at the National Cadet Biathlon … The Ontario team was awarded the Biathlon Canada Award for sports etiquette.
- Local cadets take first place – Parksville Qualicum Beach News – Parksville cadets put their first aid and leadership skills to the test in a … in a first aid competition hosted by 2483 Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps …
- Army cadets keep busy during spring break – Coast Reporter – They spent three days camping outside with over 70 other cadets from … The Canada-Scotland exchange has been a semi-annual event held since …
- Cadet embraces leadership skills – Vernon Morning Star – A local cadet is learning to motivate people over spring break. … Walthers is a member of 1705 B.C. Dragoons Royal Canadian Army Cadet Training …
- Cadet learns leadership, perseverance on expedition – Victoria News – Skyler Kaplanchuk has participated in many expeditions during his days with the Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps, but none as rewarding as when …
- A fond farewell – Prince Albert Daily Herald – Pipers from the Cadet Honour Band of Northwest Region perform at the E.A. Rawlinson Centre on Saturday, March 26. The band is made up of 60 …
- Grey cadets finish third in competition – Simcoe.com – The cadets participated as a team and as individuals. The team of Kaelin Linthorne, Alexander Morrison both of Owen Sound, Joshua Young of …
- Cadets spread the word about Wounded Warriors – Truro Daily News – It was a busy day for local cadets as they set out to spread the word and raise money for a campaign supporting the Wounded Warriors Battlefield Bike …
|Provincial and Territorial Branches||Partners & Supporters|
|ACLC Alberta||Dept. of National Defence & Canadian Forces|
|ACLC British Columbia||cadets.ca|
|ACLC Manitoba||Air Cadet League of Canada|
|ACLC New Brunswick||Navy League|
|ACLC Nova Scotia|
|ACLC Ontario||Contact Us|