Be sure to like our FACEBOOK page!
We are now accepting applications for the 2017 Young Citizen’s Foundation Scholarship until APRIL 1st, 2017
For more information and access to the application form view Policy 17.3
Would an extra $3,000.00 benefit your corps?
Your corps could qualify to receive ONE OF FOUR $3,000.00 grants offered by the Gerard Buckley Cadet Fund
Application deadline January 15th
Click HERE for details & access to the electronic application form
The Army Cadet League of Canada Announces the
2016 TOP ARMY CADET of CANADA
Read the Press Release on the Awards page
Visit the Awards page for the announcement of the 2016 Gerard Buckley Fund winners.
READ THE LATEST
Fall / Winter 2016
48 pages of great articles written by cadets, CIC officers, League members, volunteers and parents.
In this issue:
- The 2016 Top Cadet of Canada…pages 4 to 7
- The First Annual Army Cadet Battle field Tour…pages 8 to 10
- Army Cadets Expeditions…pages 12 to 16
- Army Cadets Earn their Parachute Wings…pages 18 to 20
- The Story of the Four Uniforms …page 42
For copies of this issue or previous publications you may contact email@example.com
Study Abroad for FREE with the Vimy Foundation!
The Vimy Pilgrimage Award 2015 – view more details on our Vimy Commemoration page
Major Terence John Whitty, CD, KCStG
05 July 1944 – 25 June 2016
It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of Major Terence (Terry) Whitty, after a very brief battle with cancer. He leaves to mourn his loving partner Sandra (Clark), her two children Stephanie and Victoria, his children Shannon (Don Leverette) and Llyam, his grandchildren Gabrielle and Tegan, as well as many family and friends.
Terry’s career was spent in the restaurant industry in Montréal and Ottawa where he established, owned and operated several franchise and independent restaurants. He began his military career at a very young age and he spent many years serving in the Canadian Grenadier Guards, where his heart remained. In 1966 Terry transferred to the Cadet Services of Canada (now known as the CIC), and thus began his long association with Cadets. The last 15 years he served as National Executive Director of the Army Cadet League of Canada in Ottawa. He believed passionately in the Royal Canadian Army Cadets’ work with youth across Canada.
A scholarship for cadets will be set up in Terry’s memory. Should you wish to contribute to this fund, donations can be made to the Army Cadet League of Canada, 201-1505 Laperriere Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Z 7T1, or using the ACLC donation form.
Army Cadets in the news
We invite you to share the news stories from your local publications. Submit them by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Army Cadets showcased in Prime Minister Videos of the D-Day Ceremonies in Normandy :
- 24 SEVEN EXCLUSIVE: PM HARPER SPEAKS AT THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY &
- 24 SEVEN DOCS: VETERANS AND STUDENTS REFLECT ON THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY
Be sure LIKE the Canadian Cadet Organizations – Organisations de cadets du Canada Facebook page. Various announcements and news stories are posted on this page regularly.
- Past Cadet – Canada’s Mark Arendz opens with biathlon gold at para-nordic worlds – 2-time Paralympic medallist shot perfect through 4 rounds – CBC Sports Posted: Feb 11, 2017 7:20 PM ET – Canada’s Mark Arendz struck gold on the opening day of the 2017 world para-nordic ski world championships, winning the men’s 7.5-kilometre standing biathlon race on Saturday in Finsterau, Germany.
- Burk’s Falls cadets qualify for national competition in Quebec – NorthBayNipissing.com – BURK’S FALLS — Two area cadets are heading to nationals after finishing second … 28 to March 5 to take on the top young biathletes in Canada.
- Port Alberni to host Nunavut cadets – Alberni Valley News – The Naujaat Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps pose for their annual … The exchange is run through Experiences Canada, a nationally funded …
- Bracebridge cadets bring home biathlon gold from Sault Ste. Marie – www.muskokaregion.com/ – BRACEBRIDGE — Two local cadets from Bracebridge earned three gold … officer with 2250 The Muskoka Pioneers Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- From south Ottawa to Vimy: Cadets prepare for battlefield tour in anniversary year – www.ottawacommunitynews.com/ – Eighteen youth with the 2951 CFS Leitrim Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps, whose members come from south Ottawa and surrounding …
- Cadet corps grateful for funding – High River Times – The High River Legion #71 presented three cheques, each worth $2,000, to the #187 Foothills Royal Canadian Air Cadets, the 2383 Foothills Army …
- Cadets snag medals at competition – The Kitchener Post – The three are army cadets parading with 1596 Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada, Royal Army Cadet Corps. Biathlon is an Olympic sport combining …
- Burk’s Falls cadets impress at northern biathlon… – NorthBayNipissing.com – The 3133 Royal Canadian Army Cadets based in Burk’s Falls sent their representatives to Sault Ste. Marie to participate in the Northern Ontario Area …
- KES cadets clean up at biathlon provincials – The Register/Advertiser – Madison Taljaard, right, and Aria MacDonald, centre, with the 254 Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps in Windsor, accept their medals at the cadet …
- A Great Saturday for Two local cadets – SaultOnline.com – Sea, Army and Air Cadets are representing communities of the Eastern … Quebec March 02-06 th, 2017 and will feature the top cadets in Canada.
- Aye! Robert Burns Dinner & Ceilidh marks the Bard of Scotland’s birthday. – SaultOnline.com – … combined bagpipes, drums and dancers of the 155 Borden Gray G.C. Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron and 2310 Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- Salute to Burns brings out the pipes, drums and plenty of fun– Estevan Mercury – The Estevan Elks PPCLI Army Cadet Corps came into being in 1976 and within a … (retired) Ken Turner and Capt (retired) Robert Rooks and sponsoring Elks and Royal Canadian Legion representatives Don Hilstrom and Willie …
- Meet Nova Scotia’s top army cadet – CBC.ca – A Halifax teen is being honoured with a prestigious award that recognizes the country’s top army cadets. The Major-General W.A. Howard medal is …
- Cadet wins place in Chile expedition – Alberta Daily Herald Tribune – For 16 years, the Army Cadet League of Canada and the Department of … which takes the country’s top army cadets and sends them to countries all …
- Paint party for Kiwanis, Handi-Bus – Pembroke Daily Observer – … turned out over the course of two nights to visit Branch 517 of the Royal Canadian Legion in support of Petawawa’s 2642 3RCR Army Cadet Corps.
- Chilliwack Army Cadets heading to Vimy Ridge – Chilliwack Progress – Cadets from the 1725 Royal Canadian Engineer Cadet Corps will have a … Cpt. Brandon Banks, CD, Commanding Officer of the 1725 Army Cadets …
|Provincial and Territorial Branches||Partners & Supporters|
|ACLC Alberta||Dept. of National Defence & Canadian Forces|
|ACLC British Columbia||cadets.ca|
|ACLC Manitoba||Air Cadet League of Canada|
|ACLC New Brunswick||Navy League|
|ACLC Nova Scotia|
|ACLC Ontario||Contact Us|