Born and raised in Nova Scotia; I am (still) happily married to BGen (ret’d) Kelly Woiden for the past 20+ years. We are the proud parents of two wonderful, hard-working, caring adult children – Leigh-Ann Woiden and Parker Hubley. We still don’t have any grandchildren but we have a wedding on the horizon, so fingers crossed!
We made a difficult decision and left our children in Ottawa and moved to Vernon, BC in October 2022. I am still working as a Personal Medical Office Assistant to a very busy Otolaryngologist in Ottawa. Living in one time zone and working in another has its challenges but we are working out the kinks. I am still responsible for all the same things, with the exception of a few things I can no longer do in person. It’s very busy for sure.
Previously, in my work career, I had been called upon numerous times to take the lead on multiple projects such as a nation-wide radio contest, designing a new office including all construction and computer software and hardware for a surgeon, and again all new IT structuring in my current position. Adding to this list of challenges is being part of the ACLC for the past two years. It’s been such a great experience so far that I cannot wait to see what comes around the next corner.
We are also looking to get out in the community and do some local volunteering now that we are mostly settled. Most of my previous volunteering was done in Winnipeg. Some of these include: parent-oriented committees at the various schools our children attended, Variety, The Children’s Charity of Manitoba; MS Society of Manitoba; 1226 FGH Army Cadet Corps Support Committee; and the Fort Garry Horse 100 th Anniversary Committee.
When I am not working I enjoy playing cards, watching movies and visiting with friends and family. Watching HGTV was my favourite thing to do; but after buying and selling three houses in the last 6mths, I am no longer interested in renovations of any sort.
Kelly and I enjoy snowshoeing, scuba diving and travelling. You are less likely now to find us at home since we moved. I also enjoy reading, mostly fiction. For anyone who remembers my previous bio, I was reading Harry Potter and was on book 6… Update: I finished it! Now to get through Book 7 (no spoilers please!).
My volunteer experiences include:
- All parent-oriented committees at the various schools our children attended – 2000 – 2013
- Variety, The Children’s Charity of Manitoba – 2001 – 2002
- Before, Lunch & After School Program Committee – Tyndall Park Elementary School – 2000 – 2002
- MS Society of Manitoba – 1995 – 2003 at various events they hosted
- Support Committee – 1226 FGH Army Cadet Corps 2007 – 2008
- Chair Person, Support Committee – 1226 FGH Army Cadet Corps 2008 – 2012
- Active Member at Large – ACL – Manitoba – 2011 – 2012
- Fort Garry Horse 100th Anniversary Committee – 2011-2012
- O.D.A. (No One Dies Alone) – 2010 – 2012