The League is the supervisory sponsor for more than 400 cadet corps across Canada. With the aid of each branch office, the League ensures financial, accommodations and transportation support for programs and services not provided by the Department of National Defence to more than 18,000 Army cadets.
Formed in 1971
THE ARMY CADET LEAGUE OF CANADA
The Army Cadet League of Canada, a civilian nonprofit organization, commits to support the Army Cadets by working in partnership with local communities and the Canadian Forces in the development of policies and methods for achieving the aims and objectives of the Canadian Cadet Movement in general, and the Royal Canadian Army Cadets in particular.
Along with its partnership with DND and its role as supervisory sponsor to the Army Cadet Corps across the country, the League strongly encourages Army Cadets to become better Canadians through the program's citizenship an leadership training.
As a registered charitable organization, the League is supported by donations and a grant from DND. With a minimal operating budget, provided through our partnership with DND, the League employs three full-time staff at the national office and offers its support to the provincial and territorial branches, and to the volunteers involved in the Army Cadets Corps across the country.
- Encourage and promote interest in and support for the Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- Facilitate and recommend the formation of Army Cadet Corps.
- Assist in the recruitment of Cadet Instructors and participate in the recruitment of Cadets.
- Provide and supervise Local Sponsors.
- Ensure that the Army Cadet Program is adventure-oriented, challenging, consistent with our aims and relevant to present society.
- Collect, receive, hold and invest funds and property from contributions, gifts, grants, subscriptions or legacies and use such funds, subject to the donor's direction, for the benefit of the Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- Protect the overall interests of the Army Cadet League of Canada.
- Coordinate and influence effective support of Army Cadet Corps at all levels.
Officers & Directors of the Corporation
As elected on April 27th, 2019
President Cathy Bach
Executive Vice President Ruby Brydges
Vice President Membership Dan Matthews
Vice President At Large Melanie Gilmour
Treasurer Glenda Ouellette
Secretary Robert Gill
Colonel Commandant MGen (ret’d) Tim Grant
Past President Bill Fletcher
Solicitor Martin Diegel
VP Newfoundland & Labrador Mark Osmond
VP Prince Edward Island Martin Perry
VP New Brunswick Patrick Peterson
VP Nova Scotia Ron Stonier
VP Quebec Gilles Dery
VP Ontario Harry McCabe
VP Manitoba Linda Wall
VP Saskatchewan Lyle Johnson
VP Alberta Ed Belanger
VP British Columbia Norm Campbell
VP Nunavut Frank May
VP Northwest Territories Bud Rhyndress
- G Buckley (Natl)
- S Lefrancois (Natl)
- J Vigneault (Natl)
- I Wawryk (Natl)
- P. Butler (NB)
- R Baxter (NS)
- J Lord (QC)
- R Brown (ON)
- D Marleau (MB)
- E Matthew (SK)
- J Dufault (AB)
- M Johnson (BC)
- R Pavia (NU)